Othus Vice
Welcome to the Vice!

Dragonball Official Discussion [How powerful they are,etc]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dragonball Official Discussion [How powerful they are,etc]

Post by Omnivortex on Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:44 pm

I'm surprised this has not been done yet.
This thread's porpuse is to talk about the series in all aspects: Strength ,Quality ,mistakes,news,etc. I will start about the strength of a particular character. Cell the Solar System buster? Well I found theses videos  and tbh ,I think this are the best arguments I've seen so far about Cell being a legit Solar System buster:




Watch both they both prove about Cell infamous statement ,the first gives also powerscaling and the other shows how much power is need to legit Solar system bust in one shot.

Enjoy
avatar
Omnivortex
Recruit
Recruit

Posts : 80
Join date : 2015-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragonball Official Discussion [How powerful they are,etc]

Post by Othus on Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:18 pm

im gonna refute the first video right now.

first the 6 points

1.-akria wrote it that way
refute: i guess that makes majin buu universal? because he made it that way too.

2.-every piece of media confirms this
refute: just because they repeat what toriyama said doesnt make it any more valid

3.-severalofficial databooks confirm this
refute: databooks are guided by powerlevel which as we all know stopped being useful after namek saga

4.-toei confirms it on the official website
refute: toei confirms what has been stated in the series, that doesnt make it more true.

5.-if we look at the story arcs it should make sense (proceeds to show roshi moon busting lol)
refute: not at all. we have vegeta scared about the earth exploding and even calling majin buu suicidal (meaning he thinks an earth busting attack can kill majin buu) also, tao pai pai grenade level stronger than roshi.

6.-characters can create omnidirectional explosions
show me one attack with an AOE of a solar system?? it took majin buu years to destroy hundreads of planets (aka less than 1000) so why should cell be able to destroy 8 + the sun in a second?  it doesnt make any sense.

SECOND VIDEO (EVEN MORE RETARDED BUT OK LETS GO)

1.- its stated in the manga, anime and games (non cannon btw) so it must be true.
refute: nope, clealry a fallacy in every single way

2.-cell has the power of 20,000 supernovas.
refute: get the fuck out.
avatar
Othus
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Posts : 722
Join date : 2015-02-14
Age : 24

View user profile http://othusvice.bestesforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragonball Official Discussion [How powerful they are,etc]

Post by Othus on Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:43 pm

now im gonna mention my overall thoughs on the dragonball powerscale.

DC, speed and strenght

frieza saga
mid planet buster to mid multi planet buster/low relativistic/40 tonner
cell saga
gas giant planet busters/lightspeed/80 tonner
buu saga
big multiplanet busters /lightspeed+/120 tonner
BoG
Star level busters/FTL/1000 ton range
Solar system (only the sun+ planets, no empty space)/FTL/2000 ton range
FNF
read above.
avatar
Othus
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Posts : 722
Join date : 2015-02-14
Age : 24

View user profile http://othusvice.bestesforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragonball Official Discussion [How powerful they are,etc]

Post by Falbium_Asmodeus on Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:51 pm

Othus wrote:im gonna refute the first video right now.

first the 6 points

1.-akria wrote it that way
refute: i guess that makes majin buu universal? because he made it that way too.

2.-every piece of media confirms this
refute: just because they repeat what toriyama said doesnt make it any more valid

3.-severalofficial databooks confirm this
refute: databooks are guided by powerlevel which as we all know stopped being useful after namek saga

4.-toei confirms it on the official website
refute: toei confirms what has been stated in the series, that doesnt make it more true.

5.-if we look at the story arcs it should make sense (proceeds to show roshi moon busting lol)
refute: not at all. we have vegeta scared about the earth exploding and even calling majin buu suicidal (meaning he thinks an earth busting attack can kill majin buu) also, tao pai pai grenade level stronger than roshi.

6.-characters can create omnidirectional explosions
show me one attack with an AOE of a solar system?? it took majin buu years to destroy hundreads of planets (aka less than 1000) so why should cell be able to destroy 8 + the sun in a second?  it doesnt make any sense.

SECOND VIDEO (EVEN MORE RETARDED BUT OK LETS GO)

1.- its stated in the manga, anime and games (non cannon btw) so it must be true.
refute: nope, clealry a fallacy in every single way

2.-cell has the power of 20,000 supernovas.
refute: get the fuck out.

I agree with Othus on what he has said. Power levels stopped being helpful a long time ago I like DBZ but I just cannot see the top tiers being stronger than solar system level.
avatar
Falbium_Asmodeus
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 224
Join date : 2015-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragonball Official Discussion [How powerful they are,etc]

Post by Omnivortex on Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:36 pm

Othus wrote:im gonna refute the first video right now.

first the 6 points

1.-akria wrote it that way
refute: i guess that makes majin buu universal? because he made it that way too.

2.-every piece of media confirms this
refute: just because they repeat what toriyama said doesnt make it any more valid

3.-severalofficial databooks confirm this
refute: databooks are guided by powerlevel which as we all know stopped being useful after namek saga

4.-toei confirms it on the official website
refute: toei confirms what has been stated in the series, that doesnt make it more true.

5.-if we look at the story arcs it should make sense (proceeds to show roshi moon busting lol)
refute: not at all. we have vegeta scared about the earth exploding and even calling majin buu suicidal (meaning he thinks an earth busting attack can kill majin buu) also, tao pai pai grenade level stronger than roshi.

6.-characters can create omnidirectional explosions
show me one attack with an AOE of a solar system?? it took majin buu years to destroy hundreads of planets (aka less than 1000) so why should cell be able to destroy 8 + the sun in a second?  it doesnt make any sense.

SECOND VIDEO (EVEN MORE RETARDED BUT OK LETS GO)

1.- its stated in the manga, anime and games (non cannon btw) so it must be true.
refute: nope, clealry a fallacy in every single way

2.-cell has the power of 20,000 supernovas.
refute: get the fuck out.

I'm gonna correct you ,since clearly you know little and ignore official source of Dragonball which is ridiculous,but OK.:

1.Akira wrote majin buu has universal threat, not universe buster, not the same thing ,which he is(universal threat)

2.If every piece of media agree and is licensed it had to have Akira's concent and Toei who are owners of Dragonball, do you know how even licensing works?

3. Data book or guidebooks are official sources of Dragonball wetter you accept it or not, is beyond tour fan opinion, if they confirmed it,then is true , and what you say is false since they stopped the PL after the Freeza saga too and they don't work with Power levels, which shows your ignorance and obviously have never read a Daizenshuu guidebook or kanzentai.  The only official PL were published by V-Jump and they all stopped after Freeza saga.  The databooks in the video never had power levels. So that argument is weak and irrelevant.

4. Toei just doesn't confirm anything , they selected the relevant info for every episode and them confirming it, that makes it relevant as they agree with Toriyama-sensei. Two Dragonball owners agreeing on Cell statement makes is pretty obvious is legit.  

5.So you are implying Buu saga characters have barely Planet durability when you even but Namek saga at multi-planet ?That's ironic and contradictory of you. Vegeta wasn't scared of said 53 Quadrillion MT to planet bust .lol
But of the power behind majin's buu energy that would also destroy earth. Never heard of AoE?
By that logic Semi perfect cell is island buster and 18 has only island durability since any of those blast would have killed her. That's because Cell and majin Buu only wanted to target the island for cell and The earth for majin Buu. By that logic SSJ2 Majin Vegeta is at best large city lvl, since we know he used his full power on that explosion .

6.Irrelevant since that's why we are debating here , we know they control their AoE and can wished to expand their blast if they want to.
The kid buu argument is getting old. Irrelevant since even Nappa could have done what majin buu did. So that's no way of gauge his power of destruction. Also in japanese manga Shin says Majin boo destroy stars and planets.What's funny and that you overlooked is that right after that statement Vegeta was unimpressed, Shin read his mind and said that he was wrong , that majin buu killed the 4 kaioshins and each of them could one shot Freeza. That impressed Goku and Vegeta,but destroying planet and stars did not.
I was going to post the link and translation but apparently I can't and have the wait 7 days since I'm a new member
Another thing is that you focus on low ends and ignore when is irrelvant like here and also ignore the real statements ,since Shin was not talking about his real power. He did when mentions that majin buu will destroy the universe if not stopped, which was stated numerous times by him and other characters such as Goku,Picolo, and Elder Kai .Even in guidebooks. But OK.

For the other video :

1.Being stated in manga and official sources is already more than enough, video games is just a bonus to overkill it.

2. Whether you don't believe it is irrelevant since Cell being a Solar system buster is factual as confirmed by numeorus official sources . That guy was generous since he low balled and use the minimum to Solar system bust. If you have a problem with his calcs ,contact him and he will have no problem answering your questions
avatar
Omnivortex
Recruit
Recruit

Posts : 80
Join date : 2015-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragonball Official Discussion [How powerful they are,etc]

Post by ShadowForce14 on Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:54 pm

I always found it weird why people would debate this, when this is stated in the manga, which means that Toriyama, the creator of the series, wrote it. It doesn´t get more canon than that. If Toriyama has said that Cell is a Solar-System buster, then that is how it is. This has been mentioned EVERYWHERE that people consider canon, so why wouldn´t it be true? Not to mention, Frieza was strong enough in his first form to blow a planet up with one move. Buu blew Earth up, and regenerated from it like nothing happend.
avatar
ShadowForce14
Recruit
Recruit

Posts : 25
Join date : 2015-04-08
Age : 19
Location : Somewhere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragonball Official Discussion [How powerful they are,etc]

Post by Omnivortex on Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:35 pm

ShadowForce14 wrote:I always found it weird why people would debate this, when this is stated in the manga, which means that Toriyama, the creator of the series, wrote it. It doesn´t get more canon than that. If Toriyama has said that Cell is a Solar-System buster, then that is how it is. This has been mentioned EVERYWHERE that people consider canon, so why wouldn´t it be true? Not to mention, Frieza was strong enough in his first form to blow a planet up with one move. Buu blew Earth up, and regenerated from it like nothing happend.  
Because people are too biased towards DBZ or just know little about it.
avatar
Omnivortex
Recruit
Recruit

Posts : 80
Join date : 2015-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragonball Official Discussion [How powerful they are,etc]

Post by ShadowForce14 on Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:43 am

Omnivortex wrote:
ShadowForce14 wrote:I always found it weird why people would debate this, when this is stated in the manga, which means that Toriyama, the creator of the series, wrote it. It doesn´t get more canon than that. If Toriyama has said that Cell is a Solar-System buster, then that is how it is. This has been mentioned EVERYWHERE that people consider canon, so why wouldn´t it be true? Not to mention, Frieza was strong enough in his first form to blow a planet up with one move. Buu blew Earth up, and regenerated from it like nothing happend.  
Because people are too biased towards DBZ or just know little about it.

That´s probably it.
avatar
ShadowForce14
Recruit
Recruit

Posts : 25
Join date : 2015-04-08
Age : 19
Location : Somewhere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragonball Official Discussion [How powerful they are,etc]

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum