Othus Vice
Welcome to the Vice!

IDEAS FOR THE RPG WORLD - DISCUSSION THREAD

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: IDEAS FOR THE RPG WORLD - DISCUSSION THREAD

Post by Newtype on Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:16 pm

My idea: I think normals should be aware of the supernatural.
Newtype
Recruit
Recruit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by waybig1010101 on Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:40 pm

so no hidden world then guys? How many people feel this way?
waybig1010101
Council
Council

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chef_Banchou on Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:47 pm

waybig1010101 wrote:so no hidden world then guys? How many people feel this way?

Actually, if you count heaven and hell as "hidden worlds", then I vote yay. Judas' story, both past and future, has a lot to do with places such as heaven, hell, Valhalla, Olymus, etc.
Chef_Banchou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Othus on Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:50 pm

i think that sounds like a good idea.
Othus
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

View user profile http://othusvice.bestesforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowchaos on Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:53 pm

Well if we decide if it will be a open existence then you have to think about how they are perceived
shadowchaos
Veteran
Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by waybig1010101 on Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:34 pm

Well Heaven and Hell could exist but they would not include characters who existence are above the existence of the characters from earth... also Heaven and Hell are from actual religions so you will need to change the names to something else.
waybig1010101
Council
Council

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chef_Banchou on Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:38 pm

waybig1010101 wrote:Well Heaven and Hell could exist but they would not include characters who existence are above the existence of the characters from earth... also Heaven and Hell are from actual religions so you will need to change the names to something else.

Valhalla and Olympus are from actual religions, too...though I honestly don't see why using the actual names of religious places would be a problem...
Chef_Banchou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by YinYangSona on Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:42 pm

I'm down for the public knowing about super/meta beings living among them.
YinYangSona
Recruit
Recruit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowchaos on Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:44 pm

YinYangSona wrote:I'm down for the public knowing about super/meta beings living among them.
We still got to figure out how they are treated. I mean are they feared and despised or are they more of guiding beacon of light?
shadowchaos
Veteran
Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by YinYangSona on Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:46 pm

shadowchaos wrote:
YinYangSona wrote:I'm down for the public knowing about super/meta beings living among them.
We still got to figure out how they are treated. I mean are they feared and despised or are they more of guiding beacon of light?

I think being feared has been done to death. I say the public in some cases uses them as a source profit or political gain.
YinYangSona
Recruit
Recruit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowchaos on Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:47 pm

YinYangSona wrote:
shadowchaos wrote:

I think being feared has been done to death. I say the public in some cases uses them as a source profit or political gain.
Or they could even be viewed as normal citizens nobody cares about. Or even possibly lower class
shadowchaos
Veteran
Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by YinYangSona on Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:57 pm

shadowchaos wrote:
YinYangSona wrote:
shadowchaos wrote:

Or they could even be viewed as normal citizens nobody cares about. Or even possibly lower class

That could still fall into my original idea, only viewed as weapons of a more powerful populace.
YinYangSona
Recruit
Recruit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Newtype on Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:04 pm

I like Sonata's idea
Newtype
Recruit
Recruit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Newtype on Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:06 pm

waybig1010101 wrote:Well Heaven and Hell could exist but they would not include characters who existence are above the existence of the characters from earth... also Heaven and Hell are from actual religions so you will need to change the names to something else.
So does this means alternate realms are allowed? Like my character Rex comes from a realm of dragons called Ryuuheim
Newtype
Recruit
Recruit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by waybig1010101 on Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:55 pm

Chef_Banchou wrote:

Valhalla and Olympus are from actual religions, too...though I honestly don't see why using the actual names of religious places would be a problem...

The problem is the lack of originality and making it too easy for people to use inspiration of characters that are based on religions and their locations, at least the way people might be more original rather than just copy and paste a character from somewhere and changing only a few things. Trust me, some people are making fanfic work in RPG because of their lack of originally. Thats why we shouldn't use the names of characters or locations from religions at all. Regardless if they are pagan or Christian or anything you can think of in terms of our real world. The goal is to be original, even though thats kinda impossible, but by not letting people use those as sources, at the every least they will be kinda push to be more original when compare to be allowed to use those characters names and sources and that why we might be able to avoid basically copy and paste characters from religious stories and characters that were inspired by those stores.

Plus this way, there is more than one "Heaven" location, so characters can have different properties if they were "angel" like when compare to another user's "angel" character, if they come from a different location.

Plus this also avoid the concept of a higher dimension as well, because religions usually describe places like the Heavens to be of a higher plan of existence, we want to avoid higher dimensional beings as well here. Cause they are easy to start arms races with, for example, "my character is a higher level of existence and can no sell all you can do... kinda deal."
waybig1010101
Council
Council

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by waybig1010101 on Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:59 pm

Newtype wrote:
So does this means alternate realms are allowed? Like my character Rex comes from a realm of dragons called Ryuuheim

Sure but the realm's existence can not be above the existence of the realm of earth, basically your characters can not have a higher form of existence, they simple came from a different land. Even though Rex is way too much like a fan fic character to honestly be used here, unless you change him up a lot.

Thats kinda the problem with Rex in this setting, but honestly, I might just let Rex be the exception rather than the rule for you since you worked hard on him. I have to see what you do with him in his bio.

Even though it might be better to wait for the world to be created before deciding to create a realm.

Last edited by waybig1010101 on Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
waybig1010101
Council
Council

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by waybig1010101 on Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:01 pm

But what I gather here is that people want the supernatural to be known by the people, so thats that.

Now the idea of super power people only be viewed as a weapon, kinda limits people who want their characters to be a super hero kinda deal. (More comic inspiration I suppose)
waybig1010101
Council
Council

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chef_Banchou on Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:53 am

waybig1010101 wrote:
Newtype wrote:

Sure but the realm's existence can not be above the existence of the realm of earth, basically your characters can not have a higher form of existence, they simple came from a different land. Even though Rex is way too much like a fan fic character to honestly be used here, unless you change him up a lot.

Thats kinda the problem with Rex in this setting, but honestly, I might just let Rex be the exception rather than the rule for you since you worked hard on him. I have to see what you do with him in his bio.

Even though it might be better to wait for the world to be created before deciding to create a realm.

Ah, ok then, I see what you mean. I'll use differen't names.
Chef_Banchou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkWaspSting on Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:27 pm

My ideas- People with superhuman abilities exist on Earth in limited numbers and governments keep tabs on them. Because of recent threats from other dimensions, many corporations and governments like finding ways to make their own superhumans, ranging from cyborgs and power suits to just injecting shit into people and seeing what happens, and unethical experiments are vaguely tolerated by a lot of the public because of a Cold War atmosphere- they're so afraid of outside invasion they let this be done.
DarkWaspSting
Recruit
Recruit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chef_Banchou on Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:31 pm

DarkWaspSting wrote:My ideas- People with superhuman abilities exist on Earth in limited numbers and governments keep tabs on them. Because of recent threats from other dimensions, many corporations and governments like finding ways to make their own superhumans, ranging from cyborgs and power suits to just injecting shit into people and seeing what happens, and unethical experiments are vaguely tolerated by a lot of the public because of a Cold War atmosphere- they're so afraid of outside invasion they let this be done.

Not a bad idea, but I don't think we're going to incorperate other dimensions into the ViceVerse, here. Other worlds, maybe, but not other dimensions.

Welcome to Othus Vice, by the way! Very Happy
Chef_Banchou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkWaspSting on Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:43 pm

Heyo Chef. I'm actually from anime vice. You can guess who after some writing actually starts. And I was talking along the lines of Vahalla and Olympus, although of course not those in particular.
DarkWaspSting
Recruit
Recruit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chef_Banchou on Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:47 pm

DarkWaspSting wrote:Heyo Chef. I'm actually from anime vice. You can guess who after some writing actually starts. And I was talking along the lines of Vahalla and Olympus, although of course not those in particular.

Oh, really? That's cool! I hope I recognize who you are, and not embarrass myself, lol. Also, that's literally the same idea I had, and it was agreed that such places are allowed, though they must be renamed, for the sake of originality. Glad I'm not the only one who thought the idea was neat, though!
Chef_Banchou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkWaspSting on Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:48 pm

I was building off of that idea.
DarkWaspSting
Recruit
Recruit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chef_Banchou on Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:50 pm

DarkWaspSting wrote:I was building off of that idea.

Ah, ok then, that makes sense, lol.

Looking forward to seeing your OC(s) and RPing with you!
Chef_Banchou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Othus on Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:03 pm

alright guys, i need the rules for our world setting.

at least give me some so that i can make the thread

i need the location, time, setting and overall universe laws please.
Othus
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

View user profile http://othusvice.bestesforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top